The Yellow Card, Melon Card and Mango Card are ONLINE pre-employment farm safety inductions providing industry - recognised compulsory Health & Safety training for banana, melon and mango farm workers.
The Yellow Card, Melon Card and Mango Card are the only farm safety induction courses developed by a qualified industry WH&S consultant, endorsed by the Australian Banana Growers' Council, the Cassowary Coast Banana Growers' network, the Australian Melon Association, the Australian Mango Industry Association, and supported by major banana, melon and mango growers in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
The Yellow Card is translated into French, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Traditional Chinese
THE COURSES ARE ONLINE AND WILL TAKE ABOUT 30 MINUTES. COST: $49
THE INDUCTIONS ARE SPECIFIC TO EACH INDUSTRY. EACH COURSE IS DIFFERENT.
* Complete the YELLOW CARD induction to work on a BANANA farm
* Complete the MANGO CARD induction to work on a MANGO farm
* Complete the MELON CARD induction to work on a MELON farm
Discount offered for completion of multiple courses.
Do all three courses and pick bananas, mangoes and melons on your working travels around Australia.
Discount only applies if the subsequent course/s are purchased within 12 months of the first course.
Second course $22
Third course $10
* Show the office staff at the hostel your certificate or registration number, and get your name on the jobs list!
* If you contact a farmer to apply for work, tell them you have completed the AgInduct online WH&S induction.
* ON YOUR FIRST DAY AT THE FARM, BE SURE TO TAKE WITH YOU:
hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, water, shirt and shoes
passport, visa details, bank account details, superannuation fund, TFN declaration
Your printed certificate or a copy of the AgInduct registration number to give to the farmer for verification